Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pod Crazy



I finally got my own iPod. It is so exhilarating to get a new gadget. Aside from the clean and neat packaging, the product itself always looks so shiny, crisp and full of promises of all the wonderful things it can do. And the smell, I just love the smell of new thingamajigs.

I have always been a big music fan. I listen to all, I mean all kinds of music. Possibly the result of being a shy and impressionable person. Whenever I meet new people with new music tastes, I will develop a liking to their music.

I adore everything, from musicals like Les Miserables to Bollywood soundtracks. From Earl Klugh to Daft Punk. From Bjork to U2. My current favourite artist is Josh Groban. Saying "favourite" will be an understatement. I am crazy about him. His voice just takes me to heaven where everything is so romantically wonderful. My husband took me to his concert at Sydney Opera House last year and it was one of the happiest days of my life. But my iPod is not only a Josh Groban discography.

My husband was a bit puzzled as to why I would want an iPod because I do not have a lot of time to kill to and from work. I think I have become a hype victim. But for now I am enjoying whatever opportunity I can to use my new iPod.

As I was walking home with plugged ears for the first time, I realised there was so much noise around I took for granted. I could not hear the leaves rustling in the wind, the birds fluttering by and footsteps of people trying to overtake me from behind. It is a shame, really, how more people now just plug their ears and let the world go by unnoticed. Temporarily, I am one of them. Ignoring the sound of nature and choosing instead to hear Brian McKnight serenading to me that I am his everything. :)

No comments: